Client Information & FAQs Index
Jump to section
*News & Updates*
* Summer means PMC time … the first weekend in August has always been PMC weekend. We will have therapists volunteering massage sessions for the riders in the annual Pan Mass Challenge again. It sure will be great to be back. Do you know of someone riding? It is a wonderful fundraiser for Dana Farber Cancer Institute.
* We are enjoying offering regular seated massages at the Hadley Senior Center. What an amazing group of community members.
*We are still wearing masks. We appreciate the understanding of following protocol to keep our clients and their loved ones safe.*
What do I need to do before my appointment?
- Fill out the 2022 Intake Form (or if applicable the 2022 Oncology Intake Form) and bring it to your appointment or we can provide a copy to fill out at the office.
- To verify your vaccination status, bring a copy of your vaccination card. Even a snap on your phone is fine!
- Pay in advance using links on the Scheduling Page or Gift Certificates Page or bring cash or check made out to The Healing ZONE.
- Call us to reschedule if you feel sick, have been exposed to or test positive for COVID.
- Fill out the pre-screening form within 24 hours of your appointment using this link. If you need help let us know and we will be happy to call you.
What can I expect the day of my session?
We have done everything in our power to create a welcoming and safe space for your session.
As a client, you ask that you properly wear a mask while inside The Healing ZONE at all times, including during the massage. Your therapist will wear a mask, too.
We lock the door during sessions to ensure privacy and safety. We recommend arriving 5-10 minutes before your appointment time to have an opportunity to talk to your therapist about any needs and expectations prior to getting on the table. If the door is locked, rest assured that we know you are there and will let you in as soon as possible before your appointment.
What are our Health and Safety Protocols?
2. All eligible clients must be fully vaccinated and have received at least one booster shot.
3. We require that both staff and clients wear masks at all times while in The Healing ZONE, including during your massage. We suggest a high quality, well-fitted mask like an N95 or similar.
4. We allow time between appointments to ensure the space is well ventilated, and we use air purifiers with HEPA filters in each room during each appointment.
5. We disinfect all surfaces between appointments.
Due to increased cleaning and safety protocols we will have limited availability. We’ll do our best to accommodate your schedule.
While our standard cancellation policy requires 24-hour notice, with half the fee for a massage charged for cancellation with less than 24 hours notice, we will not charge for illness-related cancellations. If you have any symptoms in general, please notify us as soon as possible and we can talk about when it is safe to reschedule.
Are there any forms to fill out?
CLIENT FORM: Client 2022 Intake Form
OR IF APPLICABLE: 2022 Oncology Intake Form
What type of massage is offered?
INTEGRATIVE THERAPUETIC MASSAGE is for every body. Our sessions include the integration of therapy techniques from a variety of different massage modalities. We enjoy incorporating all of our experience and expertise to meet the needs of each client.
SWEDISH THERAPUETIC MASSAGE
Swedish massage is the most well-known and widely practiced type of therapeutic massage—and for good reason. It’s often called a classic massage. The long strokes combined with gentle kneading aim to promote relaxation by releasing muscle tension. Swedish massage is best suited for people that could benefit from stress relief, improved flexibility, better range of motion, a calmer and range of motion, calm and soothe the nervous system and increased circulation are also common outcomes
Pregnancy massage is tailored specifically to the needs and considerations of pregnant and postpartum women. This massage is appropriate for all phases of pregnancy through each trimester, during labor and following birth. Safe and effective treatment with helpful tips for sleeping and posture to help relieve discomfort between sessions.
Oncology Massage is a specialized approach developed specifically for cancer patients and those with a history of cancer. Our primary goal is to ease the way through cancer treatments, recovery, and discomfort that might linger in the years to follow. Oncology care includes all of the elements of integrative massage, plus an added focus on safety and effectiveness.
The time and effort required to care for an individual with an injury or serious illness can be mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausting. Take a moment to focus on your own restorative needs and experience the benefits a massage has to offer. Massage offers an opportunity to address stresses such as fatigue, insomnia, anxiety, or even depression. Taking care of you allows you to take better care of them.
Seated chair massage is an adaptation of massage often offered at scheduled events in and around our community. Recipients sit in a specialized chair that is designed to support the body and allow the client to be in a position that helps to release tension and relax muscles. Clients remain fully clothed during these sessions.
What can I expect with my massage appointment?
A Full Hour
1 hour = 60 minutes. The clock does not start until we walk in the room and actually begin the massage.
Ease of Scheduling
Call (413) 585-0077 to ask about availability or schedule online.
Our staff are well trained and each person has years of education and hands on experience. Therapists at The Healing ZONE specialize in numerous modalities including deep tissue, Swedish relaxation, shiatsu, pregnancy & oncology massage to name a few.
The Healing ZONE therapists are trained to accommodate medically complex clients. Bodywork sessions are safe and therapists do not diagnose or make recommendations outside our scope of practice.
All are Licensed Massage Therapists by the state of Massachusetts, professional members of American Massage Therapy Association or Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals and are fully insured.
A massage at The Healing ZONE includes connections with all practitioners on staff. Each therapist brings unique training, styles and techniques to their sessions. Therapists will help you find the right match, even if it means referring you to another therapist in the area.
High quality massage oil or lotion
Therapists at The Healing ZONE use only the best, high quality, organic & hypoallergenic products.
The Healing ZONE uses PurePro, amazing products created by our friend Dianna, a local massage therapist in Greenfield.
You get to support a small local business
The Healing ZONE has offered therapeutic massage in the Pioneer Valley for the past 16 years. Schedule a session at The Healing ZONE to support a small business owner, licensed massage therapists, and support your local economy.